Dr. Naveed I Syed is a world renowned scientist of Pakistani origin and the Head of the Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy at the University of Calgary’s Hotchkiss Brain Institute in Canada.He is the first scientist to connect brain cells to a silicon chip. Dr. Syed has travelled worldwide giving lectures and presenting presentations about the human mind and his mini chip. One of the most important contributions of Dr Naweed was to ‘connect brain cells to a silicon chip’, the first scientist to do so.
This opened up a field of unimaginable potential bringing artificial intelligence to the next stage. He estimates that science fiction type ‘Machine Men’ may be developed in one or two decades, with the use of his silicon chip.The discovery ‘Brain on a chip’ is a major step in the research of integrating computers with human brains to help people control artificial limbs, monitor people’s vital signs, correct memory loss or impaired vision.
Live Stream on campus:
Being able to monitor the dialogue between cell and silicon chip is a crucial step toward one day manipulating it, raising the possibility of neurochip implants that can help restore sight or language after a stroke, or repair neurons that malfunction in a wide range of brain disorders, from Parkinson’s disease to Alzheimer’s.
Until now, the Calgary group had conducted most of its research on cells taken from rat and snail brains. Snail neurons, Dr. Syed said, are four to 10 times the size of human brain cells and easier to manipulate on a chip one millimeter square.
“That’s what the dream really is all about .where a man made device can be integrated into living human tissue and become part of it,” Dr. Syed said.The humbling part, he said, has been the complex wiring of the human brain.”A lot of people still think bionics is science fiction,” Dr. Syed said. “It’s not. It’s already here.”
More in the feild of Neuro Genetics. The Man Who’s Building a Computer Made of Brains ,IBM cracks open a new era of computing with brain-like chip .
TECH MELA BANNER
Google has initiated its support and has announced the largest web shopping festival in Pakistan,Referred to as the ‘Tech Mela’ or like i would say a TECH FEST!! , the online shopping fest will be ,the first of its kind in the country’s already gigantic e-commerce market.Tech Mela is scheduled to run for a duration of 10 days, starting by the September 11 and will end on September 20. Tania Aidrus,Country Manager South Asia Frontier at Google says;
“Pakistan’s mobile industry is really taking off with more and more people coming online and using their smartphones as their primary Internet device,”
She added ,It is absolutely the right time to hold this virtual shopping festival just before the traditional holiday and festive period of Eid ul Azha and what better way than to hold it online where the next wave of buyers will be congregating.
Tech Mela will focus on exclusives, special deals and attractive discounts on smartphones, gadgets, data and voice plans that will only be available online during the duration of this event.
Notes: http://techmela.com/ ,https://www.facebook.com/Tech.Mela/
- Mr. Pichai, who was born in the Chennai,has joined Google in 2004 as a vice president of product management, overseeing search and consumer products such as iGoogle, Google Toolbar, Desktop Search and Gadgets, Google Pack, and Gears.This IIT Kharagpur grad has been named new Google CEO as of August 10 ,2015. He will be heading Google’s Android Business .A New umbrella firm Alphabet has been announced of which Google will be a part with Larry Page himself at the helm.
Mr Satya Nadella
After more than two decades of working at Microsoft
, Hyderabad-born Satya Nadella was named the company’s third CEO in 2014. He was integral in shifting the company to cloud computing.
- Ms Indra Nooyi Consistently featuring in Forbes ‘The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ she has been running the comapny for the last decade, is the CEO of Pepsico. Born Indra Krishnamurthy in Chennai, the 59-year-old has led the company’s global strategy for more than a decade now.
- Mr Rajeev Suri Leading the Finnish mobile phone giant Nokia is India-born .Mr Suri has been working with Nokia since 1995, and previously headed the Nokia Solutions and Networks division bringing big profits for the company.
- Mr Shantanu Narayen After beginning his career at Apple,originally from Hyderabad went on to become the CEO of Adobe in 2007. Joining the well-known software company in 1998 as vice-president of worldwide product research, Mr. Narayen moved up the ladder to COO by 2005 and CEO in 2007.
- Indian-origin Francisco D’Souza currently heads Information Technology giant Cognizant. He was named president and CEO in 2007 after working in the sector for more than 20 years.
- Mr Sanjay Mehrotra He Co-Founded ScanDisk in 1988 and served as its Vice President of Engineering, Vice President of Product Development, Director of Memory Design and Product Engineering and the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer .
Samsung has teamed up with Marvel and has launched the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Limited Edition smartphone in select countries. The handset will reach South Korea on May 27th 2015 along with China and Hong Kong in June. The firm has not mentioned the price of the smartphone or if it will reach other markets or not. The limited edition smartphone comes as a part of Samsung-Marvel tie-up for the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie.
With Samsung being an active promoter of Marvel’s latest Avengers movie, it’s no surprise to see the tech giant releasing some sort of special edition product to sweeten the deal. The metal of the Galaxy S6 edge sports a red color on the front and back with a gold trim around the sides which are Iron Man’s signature colors.
Samsung and Marvel have partnered on multiple projects over the last few years. For example, Samsung gave away four limited edition Avengers cases for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in the past. There is also a Battle For The Avengers Tower experience available for the Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset. Samsung also offers anAvengers: Age Of Ultron theme for the Galaxy S6, which includes a set of wallpapers, lock screens and icons.
As far as the specifications are concerned, it all remains the same. The Galaxy S6 Edge boasts a curved Quad HD display with the sides acting as a secondary display where you can view notifications and launch applications with one hand. As for the design, it boasts a body made out of Gorilla Glass 4 and metal.
It is powered by a Exynos 7420 octa-core processor with 64-bit capability and 3GB of RAM. The Iron Man Limited Edition offers 64GB internal storage, 16-megapixel rear camera, 5-megapixel front camera, and a non-removable 2,600mAh battery. On the software front, it runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out-of-the-box wrapped under an overhauled TouchWiz UI.