TECH MELA BANNER
Google has initiated its support and has announced the largest web shopping festival in Pakistan,Referred to as the ‘Tech Mela’ or like i would say a TECH FEST!! , the online shopping fest will be ,the first of its kind in the country’s already gigantic e-commerce market.Tech Mela is scheduled to run for a duration of 10 days, starting by the September 11 and will end on September 20. Tania Aidrus,Country Manager South Asia Frontier at Google says;
“Pakistan’s mobile industry is really taking off with more and more people coming online and using their smartphones as their primary Internet device,”
She added ,It is absolutely the right time to hold this virtual shopping festival just before the traditional holiday and festive period of Eid ul Azha and what better way than to hold it online where the next wave of buyers will be congregating.
Tech Mela will focus on exclusives, special deals and attractive discounts on smartphones, gadgets, data and voice plans that will only be available online during the duration of this event.
Notes: http://techmela.com/ ,https://www.facebook.com/Tech.Mela/
- Mr. Pichai, who was born in the Chennai,has joined Google in 2004 as a vice president of product management, overseeing search and consumer products such as iGoogle, Google Toolbar, Desktop Search and Gadgets, Google Pack, and Gears.This IIT Kharagpur grad has been named new Google CEO as of August 10 ,2015. He will be heading Google’s Android Business .A New umbrella firm Alphabet has been announced of which Google will be a part with Larry Page himself at the helm.
Mr Satya Nadella
After more than two decades of working at Microsoft
, Hyderabad-born Satya Nadella was named the company’s third CEO in 2014. He was integral in shifting the company to cloud computing.
- Ms Indra Nooyi Consistently featuring in Forbes ‘The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ she has been running the comapny for the last decade, is the CEO of Pepsico. Born Indra Krishnamurthy in Chennai, the 59-year-old has led the company’s global strategy for more than a decade now.
- Mr Rajeev Suri Leading the Finnish mobile phone giant Nokia is India-born .Mr Suri has been working with Nokia since 1995, and previously headed the Nokia Solutions and Networks division bringing big profits for the company.
- Mr Shantanu Narayen After beginning his career at Apple,originally from Hyderabad went on to become the CEO of Adobe in 2007. Joining the well-known software company in 1998 as vice-president of worldwide product research, Mr. Narayen moved up the ladder to COO by 2005 and CEO in 2007.
- Indian-origin Francisco D’Souza currently heads Information Technology giant Cognizant. He was named president and CEO in 2007 after working in the sector for more than 20 years.
- Mr Sanjay Mehrotra He Co-Founded ScanDisk in 1988 and served as its Vice President of Engineering, Vice President of Product Development, Director of Memory Design and Product Engineering and the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer .
Sofia Ashraf, a young female rapper from the Indian state of Tamil Nadu who rose to fame by riffing about social justice while wearing a burqa,released a new single this week about corporate responsibility.In her new rap, posted online by Jhatkaa, a nongovernmental organization that leads campaigns for social justice.
she calls on the multinational corporation Unilever to help former workers at a thermometer plant that its Indian subsidiary closed years ago, after mercury contamination was discovered there.The contamination continues to impact forests and groundwater.The workers cannot afford private healthcare. They have been fighting for Unilever to clean up the toxic contamination and compensate them for their medical expenses as a result of mercury for many long years.
The rap song is part of a wider social media campaign aimed at shaming Unilver. Here Watch,share on different social media and sign the petition to increase the pressure asking for Unilever to clean up the mercury poisoning in Kodaikanal: http://www.jhatkaa.org/unilever/